I keep ending up on different computers. If I'm allowed (ie no one is looking), I install Firefox. But then I find that the interface isn't the way I like it. So once I write this post, I can come here and see what extensions and such to install.
- AdBlock - Removed unwanted things from web pages that you browse
- Tabbrowser Preferences - Lets you control tab creation
- Click2Tab - Move between tabs more intuitively
- Link Visitor - Mark links as visited or unvisited
- Disable Targets for Downloads - Don't open new blank windows when you download stuff
- Session Saver - Restore Firefox session state after exiting or crashing
- Foxylicious - Adds your del.icio.us links to your bookmarks
- IE View - Open links with Internet Exploder
- Last Tab - Allows tab navigation in a most recently used manner (So what does Click2Tab do?)
Extensions that I've got on a computer or two, but I don't consider critical yet:
- Greasemonkey - Scripting language that does lots of cool stuff that I don't know about. I don't actually use this, but I like the idea of it.
- MapIt! - Does something with maps; I'm not sure I've ever used it, but it is installed on one system. Someone hacked in Google maps support, I see.
- FirefoxView - Put a menu item in IE to view link Firefox
- Bandwidth Tester - Seems like a useful idea, but why not go to a website instead?
- Plain Text Links
- Print It!
- TinyURL Creator
- Web Developer
- Duplicate Tab
Other tweaks I like to make:
- Use small icons on the toolbars
- Download automatically to My Downloads
- Configure Tabbrowser Preferences to open everything in new tabs
1. Posted by JEP 17/09/2005, 20:53ReplyDelete